Allotment gardening for beginners, as shown by a beginner gardener Emma, working on her first allotment plot in South London.
Slug and snail infestations can be a real nightmare for gardeners and allotment holders alike. These slimy pests can wreak havoc on delicate plants and crops, leaving a trail of destruction in their wake. Traditional slug and snail control methods…
RHS predicts perfect storm as number one garden pest and seedlings appear – but does not recommend killing slugs using products such as RHS-endorsed Ferrimax slug killers, but does suggest hoeing, weeding and nematode controls to keep slugs at bay.…
In September 2020 the government announced the withdrawal of metaldehyde slug control, with product sales ending in March 2021 and remaining stocks to be used up or disposed of by 31st March 2022. The withdrawal was planned following advice from the…
A quarter of native mammals now at risk of extinction in the UK, .according to the first Red List of UK mammals – report’s authors are calling for urgent action to prevent their loss. Please read BBC article here …
- Emma try’s SlugLess
- Slugless organic slug & snail deterrent – Now with added Biochar!
- RHS predicts perfect slug storm….. but does not recommend slug killing products
- Blue Slug Pellets Banned from Sale on 31st March 2021
- Hedgehog vulnerable of extinction in UK
- protect your young lettuce plants
- Defra still……reviewing Metaldehyde ban
- Garden Organics advises “Organic”….. ‘Ferric Phosphate’ Slug Pellets only to be used as a last resort.